I have a dream.

17:24 Unknown 0 Comments


I have a dream for this world. And for all of its inhabitants.

Simply put, that every living being and their only home is treated with respect and care.





For too long has mankind been abusing their only home. We keep polluting the soil that feeds us. We abuse and torture the animals that live among us. We hurt and even kill each other. Sometimes in the name of profits and at times for differing ideologies and beliefs.


This is killing us, our only home and our growth as a collective. Yet we turn a blind eye to the situation and say it's out of our control. We give our power away to those we call our "leaders". Surely they will know what to do for the betterment of mankind. Perhaps greed has taken the lead of their judgement.


I have a dream of a world with no hunger, poverty or war.
A world where we act as mankind and not as nations, ideologies nor beliefs.
A world where we act out of compassion, not fear. 

world where we all share instead of hoard.


Through hate grows only more hate and bitterness from our fellow man. As some countries bomb others in the name of freedom, war on terrorism, revenge or however they may justify their cause. Would it not be wiser to teach one another. We are not all knowing and surely you and I can learn something from each other.


Genki Sudo


I invite you to live by a quote that I have taken as my life's motto. Question everything. 

I don't take anything I'm told at face value. Be it what you, the government, the media or anyone else thinks I should do, eat, think or believe. But neither do I throw these facts away, as they may hold some truth. I only take these claims into account when I form my own opinion around the matter at hand and try to find other counter arguments. For in the end as Socrates said: "I know one thing: that I know nothing." And that is ok.


Wouldn't it be beautiful to live in a world where every single being is able to strive for their dreams. No matter where in the world they are born or into which family. That humankind would strive for greatness together and explore inner and outer space in peace and love. Just thinking about traveling among the stars makes my heart rise from my chest. Why we constantly fight is something I just cannot grasp.

If only humans cared for each other and their planet as much as who they think created it. This is why out of all the hundreds of religions on earth I adjusted mine into a simple one. And thus far Marcus Aurelius has summed it up best:


"Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones."


Who am I if not only one dreamer?
I cannot make this world into a dream for everyone alone. This is why I ask you to voice your own opinion, but also try to understand others and why they do the things they do. 
Have life changing conversations with your friends and loved ones. Show compassion to your fellow man no matter the circumstances. Try to understand others. And most important, be a good person.


However if some of these opinions differ with yours, don't get mad and rant, let us have a conversation. I am not a dictator that forces their own opinions on others. I only wish to share my view. I believe that everyone is free to live however they wish, doing to themselves whatever they wish, as long as no one is hurt. 


Be the change you wish to see in the world.



To end this I will leave a short story that seems most fitting in this context.

"When I was a young man, I wanted to change the world. I found it was difficult to change the world, so I tried to change my nation. When I found I couldn't change the nation, I began to focus on my town. I couldn't change the town and as an older man, I tried to change my family.Now, as an old man, I realize the only thing I can change is myself, and suddenly I realize that if long ago I had changed myself, I could have made an impact on my family. My family and I could have made an impact on our town. Their impact could have changed the nation and I could indeed have changed the world." - Unknown monk 1100 A.D


Thank you for your time.
- Jaan

0 comments: